Tuesday, June 5, 2012

Recent Adventures

I've actually been doing a lot recently, but haven't been taking enough pictures to warrant a full blog post. So, here's a few pictures taken from various places recently.
First, here's two style updates from a couple of weeks ago. I felt like dressing up as much as I could toward the last days of high school (I'm finally graduated! Yay!) so I wore these two outfits for school:
Dress: DoL (AP replica)
Cardigan: Forever 21 (altered)
Belt: Kohl's (ripped from a skirt)
Necklace: Bought at a convention
Bow: Forever 21
Tights: We Love Colors
I feel like this is sort of a very toned-down version of what you might see in Alice Deco a La Mode (RIP). I wanted to try something with accessories traditionally not used in Lolita, hence the belt. I think the belt makes the dress look a lot more flattering, as it really cinches in the waist. I'll have to find more belts with a similar style that are more lolita-appropriate.

Unfortunately, the only pictures I had for this outfit (which was mermaid-inspired) were horrid, but the main focus was the hair accessory and the hair in the first place. I tried doing this thing where you bunch up your hair before you go to sleep, then let it dry over night. My hair was still a little wet in the morning; I'll have to let it dry more next time :(

Same look, but with a better view of the hair.

Later, I took a field trip to China Town. It was a lot of fun! We ate Dim Sum and ate delicious cupcakes from a cupcake truck.

My friend Robert and I were making funny faces lol

The cupcake truck!

I also went to Newburyport and Salem with my friends Matti and Rachel recently:
I will never understand why blogger INSISTS of flipping my editing photos, no matter how many times I fix them.
Anyhow, here are Matti and Rachel, with our friend Joe hidden in the background.

My outfit~
Dress: Milky-chan replica
Cardigan, shoes, tights: Forever 21
Hat: bought at a convention (korilakuma)

Aaaand what I wore to Salem. We went to this cute little community theater to see Snow White and the Hunstman (which, tbh, was meh), but they were also showing the Avengers and had all kinds of art around to reflect that. I really want to see that movie again!
Dress: Milky-chan replica
Skirt: Kohl's
Bag (not pictured): Angelic Pretty
Bow, tights: Forever 21
Shoes: Unknown
Muffler: BABY
I know I kind of look like crap in this picture, but I'd been up all night the previous night due to graduation celebrations and hadn't slept at all. I actually wore glasses instead of contacts so if I fell asleep my contacts wouldn't be so uncomfortable >.> My muffler also made a good neck-pillow when that did happen.

That's it for now; I realized a while ago I never posted pictures from my Disney vacation, so as soon as I edit those pictures (just re-sizing them so they don't take FOREVER to load; what a pain~) I'll get those up! Have a great summer everyone!

1 comment:

  1. Hello! Found you on Gaia.

    I do a similar with my hair. Every time after I wash my hair, I french-plait it up to the nape of my neck, then twist it up into a bun and sleep on it. In the morning I comb through it with my fingers and usually I'll get some pretty decent waves throughout my hair. Perhaps try it?

    The Undercover Dress-Up Lover x

    ReplyDelete