Monday, May 14, 2012

Anime Boston Part 2


First of all, I just realized the other night "holy crap... there's one more week of school left, then finals, then graduation then I'm done with high school FOREVER!" Yeeeah, the whole graduation thing has kind of taken a while to actually hit me :P
I'm extremely excited though; I'm officially enrolled in a nice school just half an hour outside of NYC! The school actually has field studies at the United Nations and an excellent language program, so I'm extremely excited to study there (also when I was at accepted students day there I saw girl with a NaNoWriMo sweatshirt and pink hair... and then the room we looked at in the dorm I'll be staying at had a book shelf full of Harry Potter and Lord of the Rings books... the whole time I was just like "MY PEOPLE")
Also, the musical I was in (Legally Blonde) is being revived in late June to raise funds for my school's new stadium. I'm really excited to play my roles as bitchy salesgirl/pretentious Harvard student/very Bostonian news reporter again! Soooo that, work and school enrollment things, as well as the multitude of last-minute projects my teachers have been dumping on me have been keeping me very busy lately- hence the late post >.> (though not too busy to play some City of Heroes... I'm a level 23 dominator and I'm on the Victory server and my name is Alicornia if anyone ever wants to play with me :P )
So anywho, here's what went down Saturday:
My con-pals du jour :) From right to left, Brianna is cosplaying as Teto, Rachel and Nephy are wearing Lolita, and Janel (who had cosplayed as Sailor Moon and destroyed her feet the day before) was not cosplaying, but wearing a cute bow and nerd shirt :)

Piiiiit

Nephy and Rachel with their pimp, Oogie Boogie

For some reason every time I rotate a picture right side up as soon as I put it in here it just goes right back. Hopefully looking at this doesn't give you neck pains, but this Catwomen literally looked like Halle Berry @_@

Charloootte! I especially love the little bow at her neck in this cosplay :) Unfortunately, she was the only Charlotte I saw at AB!

I'm not sure where these two are from, but omg those costumes are gorgeous

Foot shot while standing in line for the Lolita panel

Aaand this is the spaz-tastic pose I did all day... I'll have to work on posing for next year >.> I guess you could say for this that I was primarily wearing Lolita, but I tried to mix in some obvious nods to Pinkie Pie (like the necklace, the hair balloons that I actually bought in the artist's alley the day before) so I could sort of fulfill my fantasy of cosplaying from My Little Pony while still wearing Lolita.
Funny thing though, this picture is actually taken from somebody else's AB album... I had my camera with me but I was so busy from the time I left my house until I got home that I didn't think to take a picture of my own outfit >.>

All in all, AB was tons of fun this year! I'm so glad I went this year, and will definitely try to make it next year since the spring semester should be over by then (AB is awfully late next year- I'll have to bring plenty of water or else I'll probably end up dehydrated as it was hot enough in the con center this year and the crowds are only expanding every year >.> ). I'll probably also try to get a hotel room next year, since we couldn't do a lot of events (like the dance) this year due to having to catch the train :( Nonetheless, it was still probably the best year yet!

Thanks for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment